AECO søker kommunikasjonssjef
Vil du jobbe med operativ og strategisk kommunikasjon i en internasjonal organisasjon?
Informasjon om stillingen:
Arbeidssted: Tromsø / fleksibelt
The Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO) is an international association for Arctic expedition cruise operators and associated industries. AECO’s main objectives are to ensure environmentally friendly, safe, and considerate tourism in the Arctic, and to advocate for the interests of our members. Our approximately 70 international members operate more than 60 vessels in the Arctic. AECO’s secretariat has seven employees, and our head office is in Tromsø, Norway.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Preferably based in Tromsø, Norway. Other locations in Norway, Greenland or Denmark may be considered.
- Start date: As soon as possible
As communication manager in AECO you will have tasks connected to strategical communication as well as the day-to-day management of AECO’s internal and external communication. You will have responsibilities and tasks related to website management and development, newsletters, social media, press releases, media and PR liaison, information papers, representations, presentations, profiling and design, photo archiving, projects and other essential tasks as needed. You will also be involved in crisis communication in response to incidents.
- A minimum of three years of formal education from a relevant field or experience to compensate for a lack of formal education
- A minimum of three years’ experience within corporate communications
- Excellent English skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and professional publishing skills
- Professional proficiency in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish
- Strong computer skills
- Experience from website and social media management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Structured, efficient and possess excellent organizational and planning skills
Ideally, you may also have:
- Familiarity with AECO and the polar expedition cruise industry
- Experience from crisis communication
- Proficiency in other languages spoken in Arctic regions
The ideal candidate is friendly and sociable, has a positive and professional mindset, enjoys working with a range of people and cultures, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, is able to deliver on deadlines and is eager to take on professional challenges. If this sounds like you, you may be a good match for this position.
We offer a job with diverse tasks in an international work environment. AECO plays a major role in the sustainable development of the Arctic expedition cruise industry, and if you see yourself being part of this, we would love to hear from you.
Salary and other terms to be agreed based on qualifications. The position involves travel.
AECO will consider applications on a running basis and may hire as soon as the right candidate is identified.
- Edda Falk, Communication Manager, cell: + 47 476 32 550 / email: [email protected]
- Frigg Jørgensen, Executive Director, cell: +47 913 90 554 / email: [email protected]